Thursday, March 22, 2018

Day 37 of 40! Home stretch!

The second campaign in Centralia will be wrapping up this Sunday. Another 40 days of faithful witness in snow, cold and rain. . . and some sun (thank you Jesus!)  40 days of prayers ascending to the throne of grace for the rescue of His little ones, their mommies and daddies, the workers at PP and for Lewis County. I can't thank you all enough for answering the call to be a voice for the voiceless.

There has not - yet anyway - been any confirmed saves here in Centralia, but we know that God hears our prayers, and that He is at work. We will likely learn of saved lives and changed hearts in future years, but will, without doubt, know the full truth in eternity. We have been blessed however with many positive encounters and conversations, and we can trust our consistent, faithful public witness is changing minds about the protection of the unborn. So I want to say THANK YOU for all that you do!

As an international effort 40 days has now seen 440 lives saved, 2 abortion businesses shut down in Ohio and Mexico and 2 abortion workers who have quit and found help from vigil volunteers. . . all in just 37 days. Praise the Lord!! 


Earlier this week Pastor John at Open Bible church shared with me the story of Kathi Aultman, a former Planned Parenthood director and abortion doctor and her incredible story of transformation and healing as she left the abortion industry. It was very eye-opening to hear her story and how she began to recognize the reality of her work - to go from sifting through body parts and being fascinated by the science of it, to slowly feeling the weight of sin, repenting and experiencing God's forgiveness and eventually the ability to forgive herself.  When thinking of/praying for the employees at PP I sometimes wonder how they can work there without recognizing the reality of their work. . . but I realize it's the same for all of us. Until the Holy Spirit opens our eyes and convicts our hearts of sin (John 16:8) we are as good as blind. Or in other words we're as good as dead in our trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1)  We CAN'T see sin, non-the-less save ourselves. I'm so grateful for His work in our hearts to convict us and lead us to repentance, so that we can then experience His measureless mercy that is far greater than all sin. It is my hope and prayer, and I know it is yours too, to see each worker at Centralia PP come alive in Christ and experience His amazing mercy and love that I/we have so undeservedly received. He is able! To see the interview and article of Kathi Aultman click HERE

A couple updates from the sidewalk. . . 
Yesterday, Wednesday, my dad was out in the evening. Dad has such a heart for people and loves having conversations with folks, so he was praying specifically for the chance to speak to someone. The answer to his prayer came in the form of a middle aged man in a VERY nice, refurbished old truck. Dad commented on how beautiful it was and exchanged some small talk with him. But the man then went into PP. Upon coming out, as the man walked to his truck he said something to the effect of, "Planned Parenthood offers so many other services, why don't you go protest wars?" 
Dad responded graciously that he understood PP offered other services, and that if PP stopped offering abortions there wouldn't be anyone out on the sidewalk. (Centralia PP does chemical abortion up to 10 weeks). 

Daddy then thanked him for asking and asked the man if he had just 5 minutes to talk more, the man agreed. This led into a great conversation which dad says was the best conversation he's ever had on the sidewalk! They went through nearly every possible reason the world gives to justify abortion, and dad was able to expose the fallacy of each claim while maintaining a respectful conversation with him. Although the man did not acknowledge a change of heart, I'm sure he has a lot on his mind to think about, and I know seeds were planted that God can grow! I love seeing this answer to Daddy's prayer and how God gave my dad the words and wisdom to speak with him!


Sometime before or after that conversation dad was standing on Yew up by the intersection, and a VERY snazzy, fancy-banancy car pulled up and stopped right in front of dad. The window came down and dad bent down to see the driver - an early 20's hispanic young man dressed very nicely. The young man promptly pulled out all the cash he had in his wallet and began offering it to Daddy. Dad was a little surprised and didn't take it right away but tried to clarify what the money was for. Apparently, the man couldn't speak any English, or was tongue tied - but he kept offering the $20 cash. Dad said he sensed in his demeanor something was bothering him, either guilt or regret or perhaps just embarrassment that he couldn't talk. God knows his story and why he felt he needed to give something to the cause/ministry of 40 DFL. I pray that God will work in his heart and lead him to the hope and healing in Christ if he is hurting because of a past decision. 


The other day I was messaging with one of the most Godly and beautiful ladies I know, and her heart and words encouraged me so much. I asked if I could share this story to encourage others . . . and she let me! Love you Amy! 

"Well, this whole movement has been a work in progress in my own heart. I went from thinking "absolutely NOT", with the thought of raucous protest and graphic picketing signs in my mind, to understanding what it really means to be a part of 40 DFL, and the powerful effective work of bold, loving prayer. So, I've been praying as I am headed in each Friday for God to let me speak with His words and react with His love if the situation arises. Annnnddd.....quietly hoping He won't actually ask me to do any of that! 🙂 Mostly, people just honk approval, which is encouraging. If anyone is gesturing, I don't see it. I just bow my head and pray. So, this past Friday I parked over by the vacant lot, like I always do and I start walking to PP. I keep hearing a jingling sound, so I look around like a crazy person wondering if there is something in my jacket making the sound. It turns out it's one of the residents of the homes along that road. I didn't even see him standing on his front porch. He asks me "Are you one of those picketers?" I quietly pray, "Oh Lord...help me out". So I tell him that I am one of the people who come and pray, but we aren't picketing, we are simply holding a peaceful prayer vigil on behalf of unborn babies, potential moms and dad, the PP workers, and over Lewis County." He asked why I parked over across the street, so I told him we didn't want to clog up the local business parking lots, annoy the home owners along the street, or be a nuisance in anyone's way. He squints at me for a moment, then asks if we ever get threatened. I tell him I haven't, but I just close my eyes and pray. I tell him people mostly honk, which I take as a good sign. Some people have had difficult interactions, but mostly people either give support, truly want to engage in conversation, or they just want to argue. But, our purpose is to pray and offer support and alternatives to abortion. He lets that sink in, then says, "I just can't imagine threatening anyone". I told him I agreed and that I was just there to pray over this county and speak up for those who have no voice. He nodded in agreement and gives a tiny grin. At that point, I told him to have a good day and went to pray on the sidewalk. I thought it was a good interaction to clarify our presence there...and maybe plant a seed. I know God is good and working all of these things together for our good and His glory. Oh, and I prayed for that man too. :-)

Wow. . . I can identify with her heart! I do pray for the chance to speak with someone. . . but deep down I hope I won't actually have to. I'm always afraid I won't have the answers, or that I'll say something that comes across the wrong way. But, He continues to show me over and over that He is ALWAYS faithful to help us and give us the words and wisdom in each conversation. It's such an awesome feeling afterwards when God sets up a divine appointment like that, and you realize, "whoa I just did what I'm so deathly afraid of?! I just talked to someone?!  Did you really use ME God? Insignificant, clumsy little me?" There's nothing like relying on Him and watching him work in and through our weaknesses!!  I want to have more boldness and courage to rely on Him and be His ambassador no matter how inadequate I may feel.

Just 3 more days folks. Lets finish strong!  And as we get close to wrapping up 40 days, don't stop praying! Don't stop showing up! 4 abortion appointments are available every day PP is open. . . if all are filled that means. . .  4 babies die, 4 mommies are hurt and scarred for life and 4 daddies may one day regret lost fatherhood. This happens every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Let's not stop petitioning our loving Father for their rescue, and let's continue to stand in the gap for them. Stopping in for a few minutes of prayer as we drive to the bank, or work is truly the least we can do for the least of these who have no voice, no protection and no friend. Prayer and presence is powerful, and it's needed. It does save lives and change hearts - so let's keep showing up as often as possible throughout the year until PP shuts down. And I have faith it WILL. Let this be so Father God! 

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21. 

No comments:

Post a Comment