Tuesday, March 7, 2017

From the Mouths of Children...

Karen Maxwell - one of the 11:00 Monday Prayer volunteers writes: 
"While praying in front of Planned Parenthood for 40 Days for Life, my sister-in-law and I heard a man talking to the other prayer warriors around the corner from us.  Then they came our direction. The man wanted to share something with us.  He asked, "Do you have time for a story?" He proceeded to tell us the following, "I was driving by about an hour ago with my kids in the car.  They are ages 6, 5, 2 and 1. That tells you where we are.  My oldest is learning to read and tried to read your sign. She said  "Pray to end A...what?" I told her what the sign said and she asked me what it meant.  I told her in very simple terms that some people who are having a baby decide they don't want the baby and decide to kill the baby.  I then just let the discussion flow.  My two oldest kids decided that wasn't fair.  They said that it wasn't fair that the person on the outside got to say what they wanted, but that the person on the inside didn't get to say what they wanted."  The man continued to tell us how happy he was with the conclusion his kids had come to. He said he just had to come back and tell us that our being out there made a difference today.  My sister and I had been discussing how hard it is to have courage enough to participate in praying outside Planned Parenthood because of the uncertainty of what we might encounter.  After that experience we were both SO happy that we had made the decision to be out there and felt that God had sent that man to affirm our efforts and to encourage us!  God is good! " 

"Through the praise of children and infants
 you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
 to silence the foe and the avenger. " 
(Psalm 8:2) 


Joe and Elizabeth Stout plus 6 beautiful "Stout Spouts"
Thank you! 

1 comment: