Wednesday, March 22, 2017

God is Faithful!

Well my wonderful, Christ-like and courageous prayer warriors - we are now at day 22!  Already more than halfway through 40 Days for Life! It's almost a sad thought, isn't it? Isn't it crazy how fast the time flies when you're out there?! My dad shared at the rally how he LOVES being out there at PP and doesn't want to leave. Can anyone identify with that? I sure can! 

Truly what a privilege and blessing it is to be given the opportunity to meet a wide range of people that we never would have met without being out there on the sidewalk! I personally have never met, non-the-less spoken to a pro-choice advocate... or a staff worker of PP, or a lesbian couple or a homeless person. :-) But, through the platform of 40 Days for Life and standing for LIFE and Truth, God's brought so many people for us to love, reach out to, get to know and interact with! We now know the names and faces (even some of their stories) of those who are captives of the enemy. We now can specifically pray for their souls; that God would transfer them from the kingdom of darkness into His marvelous light.
 Some of you have had the courage, kindness and opportunities to share the Truth of Christ and the value of every precious human being. All of you have touched and changed lives by your gentle smile and prayerful presence on the sidewalk. I think the saying is true, that sometimes our actions speak louder than words. So when you give of your time and step out of your comfort-zone - no matter the weather - to pray in public; it makes an impression on those watching. God is so faithfully answering our prayers that hearts and minds will be changed. We have yet to see a life saved in our community, but that's all in God's hands and timing! 

It's been awhile since I've written an update so I think I'll try to re-cap the highlights since the last update!

Tuesday 3/14
 I already wrote a very brief re-cap of a special conversation between Mrs. Kast and one of our pro-choice friends. But I wanted to share more in detail as it's been one of the most inspiring and touching testimonies to me and others! 

It was a little rainy on this particular mid-afternoon as Mrs. Kast and I were huddled under an umbrella praying together; trying to stay somewhat dry and warm. :-)  Well, after a while I looked up and saw our pro-choice friend across the street, waiting at the crosswalk with her sign. We offered a quick prayer for her as she came across the street, and then made herself comfortable next to us with her umbrella and sign in her hands. Now if you've met sweet Mrs. Kast, you would know her tender and selfless heart and love for the Lord and for people! She felt led to speak with our visitor and walked over to her with a smile on her face as she sweetly introduced herself and made some small talk.
 I didn't fully hear the conversation, but Mrs Kast's eyes were brimming with tears as she re-counted the conversation to me later. I was SO amazed; this particular pro-choice friend has been the most faithful at joining us on the sidewalk, yet she's sadly been the most defensive and closed to any interactions or conversations with us. But in a matter of seconds, sweet and gentle Mrs. Kast was able to break through that ice and carry on a conversation with her. Such an answer to prayer! 
 Our friend felt comfortable enough to share some of her family's history of abortion.. although she said she had never had one herself. Mrs. Kast was able to identify with her and share some more with her. Eventually our friend said something like, "Well abortion isn't the un-pardonable sin, right? God will forgive those who have had abortions."  (Wow, what a wonderful opportunity to share the hope and mercy found in Christ!) Mrs. Kast responded with heartfelt passion and gentleness, "Absolutely! God loves to forgive, heal and restore broken people.  He sent His son to die in our place so that we could be forgiven and experience His love.  He loves you so much and desires to have a relationship with you"  
Our friend was utterly speechless; almost in shock it seemed. It was obvious that was not the answer she was expecting. You could see her face drain as that life-giving Truth set into her heart and mind. 

There wasn't a dry eye in the room at the Mid-Point rally as Mrs. Kast shared that story with such a compassionate heart and tears in her eyes. What a powerful testimony of how God can use our interactions and turn it into something so meaningful. Mrs. Kast certainly didn't feel perfectly at home talking with her, but the Lord so faithfully spoke through her to give her the words our friend needed to hear at that moment. 
Thank you Lord! You are so good and faithful! May our friend come to experience your forgiveness in her life. Thank you that you love her, more than we ever could. We place our faith and hope for her soul's salvation in your hands and ask that Your will be done in her life, for Your glory and for Your Kingdom!

Wednesday and Thursday 3/15-16
 I'm trying to recall anything from these days that were especially notable or encouraging. It's currently quite early in the am in this morning as I write this, so my brain is protesting "I can't remember that far back at this hour!" :-)I know Wednesday was full of our amazing, sweet Chehalis Foursquare prayer warriors!  Thank you all so much! 
Thursday my sisters Valerie, Victoria and Brielle and I were out for a lot of the day, and we were joined by so many more selfless believers throughout the day! A couple very sweet older ladies joined us and it was such pleasure meeting you two! Thank you all! 
That day our pro-choice friends did not come out to join us, so it was quieter and somewhat un-eventful.  :-)

Friday 3/17
 Today is always my favorite day... although I may be a little biased. :-)  My amazing, sweet courageous church family fills up this day and I'm so thankful and proud of you all! :-) 
Mr. Stroup gets a gold star for that day!  We got a call early in the morning from his wife that he was at PP and was currently the only prayer warrior there. Apparently there were 7 pro-choice advocates there already... so needless to say he felt a little outnumbered! But his dear wife said that He wasn't bothered by it saying, "God's with me, so I'm not alone!"  That's just like him to say, who's always quite upbeat and always has a smile on! :-) 
My family and I, plus our dear friends that had stayed the night with us, jumped in our vehicles as soon as we could to "rally" some more troops to help him in prayer and to lovingly reach out to our visitors.  
I heard later at the mid-point rally that Mr. Stroup had a brief divine appt. with another staff member that works at PP. It brought tears to my eyes as he described the woman to me. Turns out she is the one that our dear church family member emailed me personally to ask for specific prayer for. I knew it was an answer to prayer that Mr. Stroup had that brief opportunity to speak with her, and I pray that the Lord will water the seeds He planted in her heart! Please pray for this petite woman for salvation, as well as healing for her medical issue. (I'm sorry I'm being very vague, but I want to protect her privacy. Thanks for understanding!) :-) 
When we arrived there were some more prayer warriors that had come to help- Jeff who has been faithfully there every Friday for several hours and sweet Mrs. Mullen. Thank you! 
We all began praying, and after awhile my new pro-choice friend that I had chatted with on Tuesday and her soon-to-be husband showed up. I was quite happy to see her again, and welcomed her with a hug. :-) She introduced me to her fiance and we chatted a little, and then she joined the others.
I admit, whenever I see our pro-choice visitors coming to join us, my heart starts beating a little faster and I start sweating a little!  I've never felt adequate or comfortable reaching out in conversation with them. But this time I decided to introduce myself to all of them and thank them for having the courage to come out and stand for what they believe in... rather than just driving by shouting at us or waving the one fingered peace sign. (as my dad likes to call it :-) ...Victoria always says, "I'm number one... oh yeah!!" She never ceases to lighten what could be a discouraging moment and make us laugh!! Love you sis!)  :-) It was quite fun seeing the surprise on their faces as I introduced myself! I truly am so thankful that they are courageous enough to come and open the dialogue. It must be quite intimidating to stand for something that you simply cannot defend rationally. And I'm SO thankful God has brought them out there and given my dad and others these opportunities to graciously speak with them and get to know them. A 30 day friendship won't necessarily change their minds right way or lead them to Christ, but perhaps they will look back on that time and be drawn to the love and truth communicated to them. God is planting a seed in their hearts, and we're trusting Him to water it!

I also got this SUPER DUPER sweet update from the B. family!  Love you all!
"We played a point game with the kids, every time they got a friendly wave from cars going by, they scored a point. They earned at least 36 points & a big ice-cream party at home tonight! Also we made friendly with the pro-choice women there... talked about parenting & then one of their spouses brought us coffee to share.  Trevor Smith shared his hot chocolate with the kids. :-) Saw Richie too and enjoyed talking with him! And Pastor Dean and Linda, and Linda C.!" :-) 

 Aww!! That made my day to read that and see the pictures! Love you all!

Sunday 3/19
I heard some people went out to PP in the afternoon after church!  Thank you all SO much! I really appreciate it!

That night we had our Mid-Point Rally!  It was such a blessed and encouraging time of worship, fellowship and training with so many faithful prayer warriors! God is good! 

Monday 3/20
This day is always filled with our wonderful friends from St. Mary's and St. Josephs and Human Life of LC!  Thank you all! I wasn't able to make it out there that day, although I really want to go sometime and meet you all one of these days! Cassie and Ann the leaders and primary update sharers of Mondays were both on vacation :-) I hope you two had a good time! 

Here's an update Cassie got from one of our Monday volunteers, Alice. 
"Hi Cassie, I had a fun story from my time praying in front of Planned Parenthood. I noticed a motorcycle biker stop at the auto parts store across the street- big bike, black leathers - looking over at us. After a while he started over. I thought "ok, this might be the first time I have to talk to someone" and said a prayer to the Holy Spirit. When he came close enough, he said, "I want to THANK you guys! You're doing great and my Christian motorcycle riding club will be riding around town on Sunday, with this abortion clinic as one of our stops to pray." ha ha ha - we had a great chat about Centralia and motorcycles and Christian support groups. :-)" 
Thank you all! 

Tuesday 3/21
This morning is staffed by our dear brothers from Jackson Prairie AG!  Even though they have such busy schedules to keep they still manage to fill 4 hours from 9am to 1pm. They are so inspiring to me and to the body of Christ! Thank you friends SO much! We are so grateful for your sacrifice and service for the Lord!
My sister Victoria and I showed up at around 1:00 and come to find out, our dear mother and father in love of our sister Lydia were there already! Thank you SO much Mr and Mrs Tevis; it was such a blessing to have you two out there with us!
Mr Taylor showed up in the mid-afternoon. Him and sweet Mrs. Taylor have been such an inspiration to me as they have shown up every day they can. Christ is so evident in their lives! Praise God!
My dad showed up by mid-afternoon and he immediately began praying for God to bring some people he could talk to! Daddy is SO good at kindly and graciously engaging people, and I'm SO thankful for him.  He even said he was considering going over to the college with a sign and standing outside their building. Oh my!! I told him he better not get himself killed! :-)  He just laughed. :-) 
Well God answered our prayers with a middle aged pro-choice man that stood on the opposite side of the street in front of Possibilities (thankfully they were closed by then) He had written on a neon green poster the words, "The right to CHOOSE" My dad handed his sign to me with a smile on his face saying, "I'm heading across the street." :-) 
Well turns out this man was very open to conversation, especially after my dad spent some time in small talk as well as thanking him for his courage to take a stand for what he believes in; trying to help him feel more comfortable. My dad was able to discuss the choices that we will always want and allow women to make. We are pro-choice except when it comes down to 1 choice. The choice to take the life of an innocent, distinct and complete human being.  He brought up the facts of the science of embryology - that we are who we are at conception. The man changed the subject to ask about unwanted/undesirable children, to which my dad responded with the fact that no child is unwanted and that there are thousands of couples and families waiting and wanting to adopt a baby. That issue will never be a problem. The man reverted back to "it's a woman's right to choose" Again, dad graciously went through what he shared a few minutes ago... but then backed off a little saying, "I don't want you to feel pressured or cornered here. Would you be willing to read some answers to pro-choice objections?" The man said yes and my dad was able to give him a brochure and card with pro-life videos/organizations on it. Praise the Lord for such a fruitful conversation! And let's continue to pray for this man! 

I wish I had skills like my dad, but he sure is a great example to me and to all of us, isn't he? 

 What a week it's been! So grateful for each and every one of you! Let's keep pressing forward and interceding for LIFE - at every stage and in every walk of life.  God is faithful and almighty - may He glorify Himself as He blesses his endeavors in our hands! 

"For you, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive. And abundant in loving-kindness to all who call upon you." (Psalm 86:5) 

2 comments:

  1. Yes Caroline, your daddy is a very skilled man who has studied to show himself approved, a workman that need not to be ashamed. Love and blessings to you, Grammie and Papa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Just now had the chance to read all that you documented here...amazing. I just had to chuckle at Daddy and how gifted he is at visiting and relating the truth non-confrontationally and patiently with people who he has never met and who are coming from a completely different perspective! It's easy to do on social media, but so much harder in real life! He is SO gifted in that! And the Kast's story is so inspiring and incredibly sweet to read. When I first heard of this a few years ago, I honestly didn't much like the idea of standing out there with a sign, when you want to find other ways to tangibly reach out to people. But isn't it incredible how God has BROUGHT so many people to us to talk to and share the gospel with? People who we would never have met if it wasn't for our presence out there! And it is amazing hearing the stories of all of the lives saved though the national 40 Days for Life campaign. I am sad, too, that this is only a 40 day long thing...I wish we could do it all year! How about 60 years for Life? lol

    ReplyDelete